Go to page
25of 33,931
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,865 messages
  • May 05, 2024 16:47
added
prices
reviews
The German City and Regional Post can mainly be found under Germany - Local Postal Areas.

This is a separate area Helv and has nothing to do with the current city and regional post. This area Germany - Local postal areas was abolished in 1946

The German city and regional post is under Germany - City and regional post (287)

For the Netherlands, about a quarter of all stamps (>7000) are now city and regional mail and it seems to be becoming clearer to split this up.

To split into Helv ?. Isn't it now well under the Netherlands? And everything is easily filterable.

Or do you also want to split the Personal stamp (7,653) . Everything is listed under the Netherlands and everything is easy to find. And in the Netherlands everything is mixed up, as some claim?. Not in my opinion.
Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 4,115 messages
  • May 05, 2024 16:47
added
prices
info pages
reviews
Jul stamps are HOT on LD.
If you want to destroy the attraction (by merging it with the land), the conversion will also stop. That's marketing in its purest form.
Show original message
Helv
VIP
  • 1,827 messages
  • May 05, 2024 16:46
added
prices
info pages
reviews
Just to gauge general opinion:
In 1948, a series of stamps featuring famous people was issued in the Soviet Zone of Germany. These stamps have a watermark "Cruciflowers".

The same series was republished in the GDR in 1952. These stamps have the watermark "DDR & posthoorn".

Is it useful or not to combine these stamps into 1 issuing group?

NB: four stamps + series do not belong in the 1952 issue. Something went wrong with the adjustment of the original CAR name.
Show original message
  • 4,115 messages
  • May 05, 2024 16:45
added
prices
info pages
reviews
Indeed. Cinderella had been relegated to a 'trash bin' term worldwide by LD. And those are not (real) cinderellas. Not even Jul seals at all. Also not sealing stamps at all.
These are always very large, important collection areas in which there is great interest. There has been a bit of a change by naming things correctly. And certainly not to mix them with another major collection area: that of (postage) stamps.
It would still be best to place (real) Cinderellas and Jul seals where they should be found. at Closing Stamps.
But a decision was made differently at some point, and we will stick to that decision as long as we have to. It cannot be the intention to constantly swing from one thing to the other. Without stability, and without clearly defined collecting areas, you won't attract many collectors.
Neatly defined also applies to Savings Stamps (stamps from Seca or Albert Hein), Perfins (ex-postage stamps that were provided with special perforations that had a meaning and purpose) and Fiscal stamps (which in principle are not intended to to send mail).

A collector wants clarity: agreements that are made and that everyone adheres to for a sufficiently long period. If you see something swinging from left to right and from top to bottom, you think of someone with a drinking problem. You stay away from that.

If a collector wants to manage his Denmark stamps, he mainly wants to be able to find stamps in the 'Denmark' area. not the occasional stamp on a page. That's where a collector drops out.
Because of certain types, a collector must click on 'All' (sheets, FDCs, Maximum cards, Postage stamps, booklets).
For example, there are 48 items in Denmark for 1977. For Denmark - Jul stamps there are now 86 (and over time it will become several hundred).
For 1979 that ratio is already 64 - 140.
Could there be a new competition: find the non-Jul stamps.

If a Cinderella collector from Belgium wants to manage his collection(s) of Cinderellas, he or she wants to be able to choose his collection area from the list. And don't end up in an area where you can occasionally find an NA, an errinophilia or a private issue item. Scrolitis (and clickitis) has no need for that. Those species were once asked to be added, but due to their non-occurrence in the NVPH (I can't find any other reason) this was not done. After which there was of course pressure on 'Blauwdruk', which meant that it no longer exists separately (but was merged with Zwartdruk).
Consequence? There is no turnover/competition for Cinderella's from Belgium on LD.
For those things you can only go 'to someone else'.
I have never had to put errinophilia, private issues and NAs in my shopping cart here. It is what it is.

Should I start signing now?
Raoul - a collector?
;)
Show original message
  • 1,865 messages
  • May 05, 2024 16:23
added
prices
reviews
Okay, my bad for bringing up Jul stamps nlae . The message is indeed about the other cinderellas. And to use the cinderella usage type for this.
Show original message
Helv
VIP
  • 1,827 messages
  • May 05, 2024 16:22
added
prices
info pages
reviews
Separated by the usage types of franking and July stamps and possibly cinderellas. Hence my example of the City and Regional Post usage type. Everything under one country, so easy to find for a collector.
The German City and Regional Post can mainly be found under Germany - Local Postal Areas.
This concerns very large numbers, something like 6000 items.
For the Netherlands, about a quarter of all stamps (>7,000) are now city and regional mail and it seems to be becoming clearer to split this up.

However, these are very large numbers.
Show original message
  • 188 messages
  • May 05, 2024 16:22
added
(a bit off topic perhaps) First let's understand what a Jul seal actually is. Is that comparable to the Dutch Christmas stamp, which allows you to send Christmas mail at a reduced rate around the Christmas period?

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,417 messages
  • May 05, 2024 16:19
added
prices
info pages
reviews
nlae
In addition to what stripspeldjes writes: If a stamp were actually a mirror image, the text would be (almost) illegible.
Show original message
  • 2,219 messages
  • May 05, 2024 16:07
added
prices
info pages
reviews
No - Must be the mirror image
Sorry, but that's nonsense. They are completely identical stamps, printed in different orientation (not mirrored but rotated 180º). If you tear them apart you can't tell them apart.

See also Wikipedia .
Show original message
nlae
VIP+
  • 258 messages
  • May 05, 2024 16:06
added
prices
Sometimes I think you're just against it because someone else is in favor
The counterpart of this comment is "Being right is more important than being right"

I agree 100 percent with Raoul62 - A large majority at the time too - All administrators too - Wasn't happy with the appointment of Cinderella but that has changed with Jul stamps - Why suddenly reverse everything?
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,417 messages
  • May 05, 2024 16:01
added
prices
info pages
reviews
Raoul62
The items remain in the collection/shop/search list, right?
All that happens is that the item is not a se-tenant.
Are messages always sent to all users in the stamps section if something is changed to an item? In case of a significant change, send such a message, for example if in this case Series (2nd image) would be removed.
Anyway, I am not a PM administrator, but I can send a message to the relevant users. Could you please give me the text?
Show original message
  • 1,865 messages
  • May 05, 2024 15:53
added
prices
reviews
I believe that the 'real' collector is one step higher than you

What you believe, and which rung I'm on fazerco , may make a world of difference. But I think they can be included too. I only see advantages and a clearer catalogue.
Show original message
  • 4,115 messages
  • May 05, 2024 15:50
added
prices
info pages
reviews
I just leave them there

It might be best to read the manual again. The general manual, and the stamp manual.
Rarara, what is wrong with the item?
Show original message
  • 4,115 messages
  • May 05, 2024 15:47
added
prices
info pages
reviews
administrator to be resolved? They can still move/shift images
An ordinary administrator can indeed convert from Se-tenant series+Series to just Series. But send a message to all users connected to it (hidden collection and search list)? That is not possible.
And such a drastic change in an area that is close to the Netherlands' heart (at least I hope). You can expect a message to be sent there.
Or does that never happen?
Show original message
  • 2,409 messages
  • May 05, 2024 15:44
added
prices
info pages
reviews
I believe that 'real' collector is one step higher than you Charles1971

But I thought they were allowed in there.
Show original message
  • 4,115 messages
  • May 05, 2024 15:44
added
prices
info pages
reviews
You want to hear a 'collector', but you don't listen to what I say?
I do not understand. Maybe I'm not a collector?
Well, a large part of my collection is not available on LD either lol.

As an avid Belgium collector, for example, I also have collections from the NAs, the Erinnophilia and private issues. Really very interesting and fun collecting areas within Belgium. It is not possible with LD. There are a number of them here and there haphazardly in the country/area of Belgium (or sometimes fantasy land), but it is not suitable for managing a collection with the help of LD. No, not done. Other digital solutions are much better for this. There is no separate area 'Belgium Cinderellas', so it is not workable for me as a collector.
As a non-collector of those things, you can say whatever you want. I experience that it is not usable this way. Its a shame, but there is nothing to do about it. Point.
Understandable. They are not in any NVPH, so not a drop of sweat has ever been spent on them.

For example, I also collect Jul stamps. Thanks to the separate area, it is doable on LD. Throw them together, and I have to look for an alternative to those things too. And immediately for Denmark. If that area suddenly grows 300% (all those July stamps from various publishers among them) then I will also have to move to Denmark for my collection. It's that simple for a collector.
What will be left in the long run...

Also don't forget the administrator position.
Have you already requested to add Denmark to your 'Specialities' and start clearing the backlog of outstanding reviews? The oldest open date is only from January 2012. Barely 12 years ago.
In the meantime, I will keep track of the ones from the Jultempel area (there are currently none open), until you get them. If they end up in the administrator module among all the others from Denmark, I'm not going to scroll through to look for them. You can count on it.
If you then become interested in your new area of specialization, at least for 75% of the items, I can recommend books #9808015 and #9808017 . As an administrator you know a little more than the average collector.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,417 messages
  • May 05, 2024 15:28
added
prices
info pages
reviews
Can also be solved by a super administrator.
In any case, do not allow a se-tenant series (first image).

Can't this also be solved by an administrator? They can move/shift images, right?
Show original message
  • 1,865 messages
  • May 05, 2024 15:06
added
prices
reviews
What is it now? There are more items in the Jultempel area than in the land area. Throw them together and no cat will find anything in it.

Separated by the usage types of franking and jul stamps and possibly cinderellas. Hence my example of the City and Regional Post usage type. Everything under one country, so easy to find for a collector. And this usage type is not in the main overview Raoul62 , you only get it by filtering.

Throw them together and no cat will find anything in it

Again Raoul62 , everything is filterable. Sometimes I think you're just against it because someone else is in favor.

Incidentatlly,

As an administrator, you should try that administrative module.

???????.
Show original message
  • 4,115 messages
  • May 05, 2024 14:55
added
prices
info pages
reviews
Can also be solved by a super administrator.
In any case, do not allow a se-tenant series (first image).

[edit] This message was stupidly stumbled into this thread, it was intended for the se-tenants thread.
Show original message
  • 4,115 messages
  • May 05, 2024 14:54
added
prices
info pages
reviews
There are no soldier stamps in those areas!
Show original message
Helv
VIP
  • 1,827 messages
  • May 05, 2024 14:51
added
prices
info pages
reviews
Could you start by cleaning up the 'Switzerland - Swiss Post abroad' area? If you want to get rid of the little ones.
There was another problem there, namely that there is some pressure to clean up the species. And then Soldier's Seal comes up again.

Show original message
  • 4,115 messages
  • May 05, 2024 14:48
added
prices
info pages
reviews
For areas with little
Could you start by cleaning up the 'Switzerland - Swiss Post abroad' area? If you want to get rid of the little ones.
And 'Ukraine - Cinderella'. Why do they have to be separate now?

Show original message
nlae
VIP+
  • 258 messages
  • May 05, 2024 14:48
added
prices
Charles1971 You also have Estonia-Jul stamps and Aland-Jul stamps - Unfortunately, the American Virgin Islands are called Cinderella and not Jul stamps - The forerunners were the Jul stamps of the Danish West Indies - The Ju stamps of the Danish West Indies As far as I know, they are not in the catalog - I can't add them because I don't have them - Answer to your other question "leave them all separately" - The quantity is much too large to be among the "normal stamps" - Certainly of Denmark.
Show original message
  • 1,865 messages
  • May 05, 2024 14:47
added
prices
reviews
What you with #1210977 I don't know

There will be more of these Raoul62 , due to the new series item, at least due to the new regulations. I just leave them alone/leave them alone.
Show original message
  • 4,115 messages
  • May 05, 2024 14:45
added
prices
info pages
reviews
I still don't understand why these were taken apart

If you want to make the stamp section completely unusable for certain countries, you should definitely add it.

What is it now? There are more items in the Jultempel area than in the land area. Throw them together and no cat will find anything in it.
In addition, with 'Julzeg', as an administrator, you can monitor those areas perfectly.
As an administrator, you should try that administrative module.
The 'Jul seal' areas are thus perfectly under control. Ok about the translations, because Julzeg was translated hilariously until recently. There was always a lot of work to do.
Those countries without a JUL stamp... they are not really maintained.
Maybe you can place it as your 'specialization' and start working on it?
If they are under control, then the manager advantage may now be irrelevant.
Still the simple average Denmark collector. Why don't you explain to him how he can find his collection if you place the abundance of July stamps in the country?
You can select Jul stamp, but you CANNOT EXCLUDE them.

Sometimes I really think that common sense, a realistic view of things, is out of this world.
I understand your question, inspired by a frustrated ... oh nevermind.
Maybe I should roll up my mats here. The thoughtless populism has really become too much in recent months.

Perhaps merging jul-seal areas should be included in the definition of se-tenant. Doesn't touch either side. This way it will fit into the thread again.

Show original message
Go to page
25of 33,931