Catalogue information

LastDodo number
Quinta Do Vallado, 2010
Chateau / Producer
Crop year
Alcohol percentage
300 cl
Bottles produced

Fiche Technique Wine Douro, Vinho Tinto / Dry Red Producer Quinta do Vallado Website Origin Duoro, Portugal Classification DOC Bottom Grape variety 25% Touriga Nacional, 20% Touriga Franca, and a mix from Tinta Roriz, Tinta Amarela, Tinta Barroca and Sousão Vinification The vinification takes place in stainless steel tanks with a capacity of 10,000 kg. A small portion of the grapes are grown on the traditional way stamped with feet. The fermentation of the must takes one week on one controlled temperature from 26 to 28 ° C. After the fermentation, the grapes are pressed. 85% of the wine it is educated for 16 months in stainless steel tanks and the remaining 15%, 1 year in French oak barrels up to the final blend. Serving temperature 17 - 18 ° C Taste description The color of the wine is that of red plums. In the fragrance aromas of highly concentrated, ripe red fruit, with a hint of violets. In the taste a great structure, firm body and mature round tannins, with a pleasant lasting finish. Attributes A wine with a perfect balance. Wine-food suggestion Serve the wine with traditional Portuguese dishes. Producer Information In the heart of Portugal's most famous wine region Douro Valley is located Quinta do Vallado with 38 hectares of vineyards of which 26 hectares are planted with sticks of 60 years and older. They are already making wine since 1716 and the Quinta once belonged to the famous Portuguese winemakers family Feirreira. The current owners are Joao Feirreira Alvares Ribeiro and Francisco Feirreira. They make remarkable red and white wines that can be counted among the best from the region.

This text has been translated automatically from Dutch

Click here for the original text