6of 6
  • 1,907 messages
  • December 07, 2017 07:37
added
prices
info pages
reviews

See: https://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/strips/series-helden/foc/34147-de-genadelozen

here it says that the 1st edition is apparently bound incorrectly. I have a regular album. Does the comment perhaps mean that misprints are in circulation?

See https://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/strips/series-helden/takuan/34150-de-bezetene?area=e3469d5965049c1936ce6348364d899459cbcf46

I have 3 in terms of content (also colophon) and format exactly the same new condition albums with various colors "collection premiere" spine text. I know that the backs of some albums discolour when exposed to daylight. 1 of the albums has a snow-white back, the 2 others do not. Even then the color difference, purple, green gray separate, sharp not faded letters. I have added a photo 3. Suppose it indeed concerns several printing rounds, should something like that be entered as a separate album or just an explanation of the catalog item?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,565 messages
  • December 07, 2017 17:50
added
prices
reviews

See: https://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/strips/series-helden/foc/34147-de-genadelozen

here it says that the 1st edition is apparently bound incorrectly. I have a regular album. Perhaps the comment means that misprints are in circulation?

The comment has since been removed by a fellow administrator. Failed binding of an album occurs regularly, on a small scale. Usually these albums are removed during the quality control, but every now and then one slips through. We do not include them separately in the catalog.

I have 3 in terms of content (also colophon) and format exactly the same mint condition albums with various colors "collection premiere" spine text. I know that the backs of some albums discolour when exposed to daylight. 1 of the albums has a snow-white back, the 2 others do not. Even then the color difference, purple, green gray separate, sharp not faded letters. I have added a photo 3. Suppose it indeed concerns several printing rounds, should something like that be entered as a separate album or just an explanation of the catalog item?

Your images indicate discoloration due to the sun or artificial light. There are no known separate rounds of printing for this album as far as I know.

Because they are the same album, they are not recorded separately.

Show original message
  • 1,907 messages
  • December 08, 2017 08:23
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Rik, thanks, I assume for the time being that the pure white back with purple color is the original one. Funny that day or artificial light causes green or gray discoloration.

Show original message
  • 1,565 messages
  • December 09, 2017 18:10
added
prices
reviews

Hi Harry,

The muscle white back is indeed the original release. The time an album is exposed to light also plays a role in variation in discoloration.

Show original message
  • 1,907 messages
  • December 09, 2017 18:26
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Hi Rik, it is of course not a valuable comic (it will never be, considering the tejen work and story ...), but according to the comic law I have set 2 albums to almost new and the snow-white one as new. Details but nice, also that there are now collectors who pay attention to the phenomenon of discoloration, even if only very lightly, especially on that spine. Kind of purism to get a real shop condition even if an album is more than 20/30 etc years old and then keep it in a "dark room". My bookcases and rooms are also somewhat protected from the sun, but without light you see so little ......

Show original message
  • 1,565 messages
  • December 09, 2017 18:28
added
prices
reviews

Recognizable Harry, very recognizable. One of my bookcases is in the hall of my house. Especially when the sun is low, the spines of the books are illuminated, resulting in the necessary discolouration.

Show original message
6of 6