4of 4
  • 55 messages
  • June 26, 2013 09:44
added
prices

Dear people,

I think the comic book catalog goes a little too far in its push for completeness. When I look in my shop, I see in the left margin of which series / heroes I have offered books. There is room for 8 options, and it says: Tintin / Asterix / Donald Duck / Daisy Duck / Huey Dewey and Kwak / Loekie, Joost and Victor (apparently another name for KK and K - unknown to me) / Scrooge McDuck - and the last 5 all because I have a few Lekturama volumes of Donald Duck in my shop.

I dare say that no one here will look for Katrien Duck books, and no one will look for Loekie, Joost and Victor. Why not label a little sparingly and remove those nonsensical labels from books in the Donald Duck series? So that an interested buyer sees a top 8 with relevant series / heroes?

Something similar is also the case with authors. My top authors are Hergé and Remi, Georges (the same person), then Uderzo, then Bob, Wil, Mik (= Willy Vandersteen), who is also known as Willy Vandersteen - while I do not have any books for sale that fall under the name Bob, Wil or Mik are written, just Suske and Wiskes.

The low point is André Franquin, behind which is Ley Kip, because he once wrote a screenplay for a story from 1959 in collaboration with a few other authors (hence l'equipe).

Can't this be cleaned up or normalized a bit?

Kind regards and with much appreciation,

sucazel

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • June 26, 2013 11:23
added
prices
info pages
reviews

It has already been normalized and cleaned up, in the way that you more or less describe.
A few years ago, Catawiki was asked to give the user more choice in what he wants to see in his collection or shop.
But the information you mention is fine for the catalog and the longer we work on it, it will be expanded even more.

I don't really understand that you worry about it for your shop . The more your items are shown, the more likely something will be sold. Count your blessings.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,755 messages
  • June 26, 2013 15:10
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I think what Sucazel means is that in his shop authors (and heroes) are presented both under their ''first name'' and under their alias. So double.

His author column literally looks like this:

Hergé (Remi, Ge.. (88)
Remi, Georges (He... (88)
Bobs, Will, Mik, P... (26)
Vandersteen, Wil... (26)

And that indeed looks a bit moronic, if only because Bobs, Will, Mik, P.. is not an author at all, but only a list of aliases of.

It is also confusing, because it says, for example, that Sucazel has 6 items in his shop from Mr. Ley Kip (Franquin, André), which suggests that the good man made all those 6 items under the pseudonym Ley Kip. And that's not true.

So I do understand the desire not to show all those doubles like that. It's not that that information shouldn't be available. Of course it is, but this presentation of that information is indeed rather suboptimal.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • June 27, 2013 02:09
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Fuck! That looks crazy! I was not aware of it at all. Years ago we asked if the pseudonyms could also be visible in the collection and that they would then be split at the place of the comma. I still think nothing wrong with that, but to my knowledge that had not yet been implemented. Apparently they did implement it in the shops partly when the Marktplaats was programmed. Curious, to say the least, to only half-execute an idea that is delivered completely, so that it does indeed look ridiculous.

Show original message
4of 4