Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • December 25, 2011 11:30
added
prices
info pages
reviews

In any case, a Merry Christmas to everyone reading this!

I do not have the CD to hand, because I am currently abroad. I'll be back in mid-January and will add it to the catalog. The carrier is a CD, but with all kinds of songs on it that are optimized for MP3 players. There are 100 songs, so that will always be adjusted per number of tracks.

Furthermore, I did not put the MP3s on it myself, but the publisher of that CD with the permission of the relevant record companies.

I think it's a good idea to include the option to indicate with a song whether you have it as an mp3 or any other format. After all, you also have Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Wav and a number of other sound formats.

As a collector item separately will be a bit difficult, because then what are the criteria?

Are you going to keep track of the bitrate, format and where you got the track from. And what if someone has a track that they got from somewhere else? Is that the same track?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 2,914 messages
  • December 25, 2011 09:26
added
prices
reviews
We wish you all a good Christmas. @DM cd can simply be added. Even seems like the tracks, it is about what to do with mp3 if it has been officially released, the carrier will have to be added does not seem an issue to me but own composed mp3 they are collectible only in our own collection, then something has to be found on them, we can immediately bring our own music cassettes and tapes video CD, floppy etc.
Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • December 25, 2011 09:21

This has already been discussed, among others in the Administrator's Forum, and it covers various sections: music, e-books, online games, ...

It will probably eventually have to come, because in those categories there are 'items' that have only been released digitally.

What Scam Says.
Indeed, it has already been discussed extensively on the administrators forum, and the provisional conclusion was that we should not have digital copies entered separately, but that as a collector you should be able to indicate whether story / game / movie in your collection digitally, rather than physically.

It will have to be done for that, and there are quite a few things that have a much higher priority now (such as a survey about the scope of the stamp section)

There are also items that were released digitally only, such as certain computer games and apps.
You will have to be able to enter it.

The line between legality and illegality is far too thin to make it a collective column.

We just include illegal items in the catalog.
Illegal comic books are a good example, but illegal stamps are also allowed.
(We won't do fakes, but I'm not going to have a discussion about that now. I won't turn on my computer for the next 3 days anyway)

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • December 25, 2011 07:59
added
prices
info pages
reviews

And what do you do if you have bought an officially approved CD containing 100 MP3s (Released in a series)? I couldn't find it in the CataWiki Catalog either.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • December 24, 2011 22:49
added
prices
reviews

Stargazer, I don't understand why you should be the first to mention the illegality of MP3s, that has nothing at all to do with collecting MP3s itself.

Show original message
  • 2,914 messages
  • December 24, 2011 19:10
added
prices
reviews
Point is to put your own mp3 in the catalog! I say no, only an officially released mp3 that is different. But you can compare that with a released music cassette. I have to say that Sinbad has a strange line of reasoning. It is great that he has thrown his CDs in the attic, as you can recognize the real collector. Of course MP3 has its advantages, just like the CD compared to LP. But saying that a record is also a copy really makes no sense. It was deliberately released so we just know if the technology hadn't been there then Mike Olfield would not have released a world album. And there are many more to mention To be honest, it got bogged down in a nonsensical story
Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • December 24, 2011 17:19
added
prices
reviews

if the input of the tracks is okay, it may not be necessary to record the MP3 separately. Then it can be considered to indicate per track whether it is in a collection as MP3. It is already included in the catalog ...

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • December 24, 2011 14:31
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Stargazer,

Joker, you really call my serious collection absurd at first, you are now really turning things around ... (even though you removed half of it afterwards)

Show original message
  • 62 messages
  • December 24, 2011 12:45
added

MP3s ARE and will remain illegal if you do not own / or have purchased the "salable" version of them as MP3 through ...! The line between legality and illegality is far too thin to make it a collective column.

And I don't waste any more words on it, I have no need for rude comments ...

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • December 24, 2011 09:49
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Stargazer

Maybe because the majority of MP3s / Flacs are "a bit" illegal

???? just as illigal as the bread knife in your kitchen drawer, only when you are swinging it on the street it is illegal, the bread knife itself is just a bread knife.

I think it is a bit absurd to put such an item on the site as mp3 / flac again if you already have it in a legal version (CD / LP)

And I think it is absurd that you determine how and what, people collect how and what they want, that you don't see anything fine, I also think your beer mats collection is absurd, but I think to share it with other collectors on the forum. also absurd.

Show original message
  • 62 messages
  • December 24, 2011 01:33
added

It's actually strange that this CANNOT be collected on the largest collector's catalog in the world, that's actually in my head.

Maybe because the majority of mp3s / flacs are a "little bit" illegal?? I find it a bit absurd to put such an item on the site again as mp3/flac if you already have it in a legal version (CD/LP) ... what's the point of that?!

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • December 23, 2011 22:59
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@ Dick52,

I know what you mean but there is a difference with a copy of stamps or the Mona Lisa,

With music you can collect by carrier (LP or CD), but a lot of people are only concerned with the music, they collect the music / artist and not the carrier, just when I think it's about the music of Bob Marley I use it as MP3 much easier than on CD, that's why I convert it to MP3, I used to collect everything on CD now these have been converted to MP3 and the (awkward) CDs are in the attic because the carrier is not (for me) interesting that is different from copies of postage stamps.

Dick you know what I mean, it's about the music, the carrier is (for me) sausage.

Also an LP or CD is ultimately a copy.

After all, even when I put on his original CD, our Bob (Marley) is (unfortunately) not in my living room smoking a joint with a guitar in his hand ;-)

Show original message
  • 2,914 messages
  • December 23, 2011 22:41
added
prices
reviews

it cannot be in the catalog, there must be a possibility to indicate in your own collection whether you own it on another medium whatever that is.

but that's actually all around the catalog.

There is a Danish shop there you can now buy an image of the Mona Lisa

now it seems to me rather the case that this is included in the catalog, so the copy

And that if the Louvre also appears on Catawiki, then put the original in its own collection.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • December 23, 2011 22:36
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@ Sinbad

Exchange? Cough cough cough, I just swallowed a Reindeer here.

ps. Want to trade Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer for Santa Baby ;-)

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • December 23, 2011 22:24
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@ Dick52,

I understand what you are describing except which cover version, because most MP3 collectors don't do that.

I just wanted to say almost everyone I know (friends, family and colleagues) does collect digital music (although they sometimes don't see it as collecting themselves)

This makes MP3s by far the most collected item in the world (far ahead of stamps, comics, whatever).

(Almost) everyone has a collection of MP3s.

It is actually strange that it CANNOT be collected on the largest collection catalog in the world, that is actually in my head.

Not that it annoys or excites me, I actually think it's more frapant ;-)

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • December 23, 2011 22:16
added
prices
info pages
reviews

This has already been discussed, among others in the Administrator's Forum, and it covers various sections: music, e-books, online games, ...

It will probably eventually have to come, because in those categories there are 'items' that have only been released digitally. How you check this is, as Dick says, something else, it must first be clarified otherwise it will become anarchy.

And of course also to everyone Merry Christmas!

Show original message
  • 2,914 messages
  • December 23, 2011 22:03
added
prices
reviews

We are not so quick on the closet, only the problem is how do you record this?

you have I just name a lpeeetje Sgt Pepper which cover version? attachment not present, numbering randomly you compose it yourself or you have that possibility.

I have a thing for Beatles but I don't know if you know this LP live peace in Toronto

by J Lennon now it seems very unlikely that you will listen to the B side, although in your case? But our friend Y Ono teaches singing there.

I think there are problems here that money also for burned CDs DVDs even further copies of comic books simply in color and bound if necessary.

of course everyone can collect whatever they want, but it must be in a catalog.

I can imagine that you make an option for your own collection in which you can indicate this album in digital, burned or whatever you want to call it.

but you will also be able to do that with DVDs and have a copy of stamps.

In addition, CD are added separately as a carrier

music cassette is a separate carrier

even pre-recorded tapes are maybe you still know them but they are also a separate carrier

just not the cassette tapes that I put together myself

but there will be more thoughts about that

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • December 23, 2011 21:25
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I always use JIF, smooths out all grooves ;-)

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • December 23, 2011 21:07
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Maybe I curse in church, but as a music lover I have been collecting music digitally for years (MP3 but preferably FLAC).

Now you cannot indicate that via Catawiki, I know that I will bump the vinyl enthusiast with this, but practice shows that many people nowadays collect digitally stored music (it is also easy to exchange ;-)) and there is a (separate) section for?

Or would it be something that if you added it to your collection you can choose

1) Vinyl

2) CD

3) Cassette

4) MP3

5) FLAC

Just as you can choose for stamps and unstamped stamps, for example, I would personally like it ;-),

Oh and all collectors a merry Christmas from Sinbad

Show original message
  • 13 messages
  • December 19, 2011 22:50
added
prices
December 19, 2011 22:50

I'll let you know when the plates arrive. I expect them this week and I am going to place them in my collection immediately. Anyway, you know where to find me.

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • December 19, 2011 21:59
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Sounds very nice, those records. I am also a big record collector myself and so I get very curious after your story

Discogs is indeed an excellent reference work, but in the end more and more 'experts' and people who know how to have a good say in this forum also arrive. They also often come up with very good proposals / answers.

Show original message
  • 13 messages
  • December 17, 2011 17:16
added
prices
December 17, 2011 17:16

Hi Morits, thank you for your quick reply I found a section in France and bought it. I am just waiting for the delivery. In any case, I will not fail to enter it immediately and include as much information as possible.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • December 17, 2011 15:52
added
prices
reviews

I think it would be a huge help if you put those LPs you already own on Catawiki. Then other collectors will immediately see what you mean and the catalog will be more complete.

Show original message
  • 13 messages
  • December 17, 2011 14:01
added
prices
December 17, 2011 14:01

I was looking for LPs released by Hachette-Fabbri (France) about this series (series is called: Grands Musiciens and was released +/- 1968-69). In the meantime I have already been able to obtain a portion, only 24 pieces. The format of these LPs is 7 "but 33 T. After a lot of searching I come to a number of 48 copies (last count) that would have been published. However, a certain source in France speaks to me of a minimum of 78 copies. Discogs can also tell me Is there anyone among the "forumists" who knows more about this. My intention is to obtain the full series, of course I first have to know how many items are involved.

Caution: the series I am talking about has a gold color on the front cover and white on the back. There is a later series with a blue front; but they are not that interesting for me. With the help of these records I got music lessons in college in the late 60's. If you know more about this, please let me know, thanks in advance

Show original message
Go to page
25of 8,457